PET Scan Results & Musings

My birthday presents came early! My PET scan from today on a lymph node in my chest came back showing minimal activity! If it had shown more activity, radiation would be a sure thing, regardless of tumor pathology. Chemo/radiation still aren't technically ruled out, however. I'm just happy to know that at this point, cancer is only proven to be in one tumor site. 

My other big gift was my family coming together on Sunday for a St. Patrick's Day themed birthday party for me that my parents hosted. When Josh and the kids and I showed up, everyone had Morse code bracelets on that my brother purchased. See above! :) I always knew I had a close family but going through something like cancer really solidifies our bond and unity. #familystrong as my dad says.

I'm so, so thankful for all of my family and friends who are showering me in love. I truly feel the good energy from prayers, thoughts, cards, messages, gifts, and time and it's keeping my spirits high. 💕

Thursday is my next appointment, with my breast surgeon to go over the procedure and recovery in more detail and sign all The Forms. Surgery is still looking like April 20th and because I need to be super careful about not being sick at "go time," our family will start quarantining April 6th. N-95 masks in public spaces/school/work when we absolutely need to be out, play time with other kids outside. This helps ensure my surgery won't be postponed due to illness and that I won't have complications with health/respiratory stuff in the OR and in recovery. Of course, if they offer me an earlier time slot for surgery I will take it! I'll send my next update on Friday along with a Mealtrain link so many are asking for, which we are beyond thankful for in advance. For at least five-six weeks I won't be cooking much. :) And while Josh is an incredible chef, we have three kids (and two chickens and some fish) to wrangle. 😜

Xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts