Thankful

I received good news this afternoon- the mass that was biopsied on my right side yesterday is not cancerous! I would say Hallelujah, but you're not supposed to in the season of Lent. ;) So, looks like "just" cancer in my left breast. Praise be! 

The last test before surgery is a PET scan on a slightly enlarged lymph node in my chest on Monday. Those results take a few days. I had to look up "PET scan" and I basically lay in a donut-shaped machine while special emissions show chemical activity, including glucose so I can't eat or drink beforehand. I meet with surgeons later in the week for pre-op consults. Surgery is scheduled for April 20th, though I'm still holding out hope that something opens up sooner.

On this International Women's Day, I am so thankful for all of my breast cancer care providers. Every single one of them is a woman. And my breast surgeon personally called me tonight to congratulate me on only having breast cancer in one breast and to ask if I had any questions. 💕

Comments

  1. That's terrific news, Lauren! I'm so glad for that and your other good news this week. Things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! That was me, being happy for you. Forgot I was on the wrong browser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts