Life Lately

I don't have much new to update, as I'm still waiting patiently for my second opinion at Fred Hutch coming up in a few weeks. This will confirm (or contrast) the recommendation to forego chemo due to my ATM gene mutation, which makes it hard for my DNA to repair itself following a treatment like chemo. 

I started Lupron (hormone suppression as part of my endocrine/hormone therapy) and I am feelng those hot flashes! (Or is it just this Seattle weather? 😅) It's also hard to tell if my fatigue and headaches are from menopause or my life. Ha! Anyway, I would trade cancer for early menopause any day. 

I'm going to see Joni Mitchell and Brandi Carlisle with friends this weekend at the Gorge and I could not be more excited! I bought myself a new cushy camping pad for the occasion because sleeping on my incisions, while mostly healed, are still a little sore. 

I'm on a quest to eat and apply skin care/home products that are "clean," with no harmful chemicals. Here's a plug for Beautycounter skincare and mascara, Honest Company concealer, Babyganics sunscreen, and Mimi's Zero Waste Market in Ballard. I'm still doing my (very slow) running with my cancer running support group. The new running shoes (I went with Brooks) are sooooo comfy and help save my knees. 

Thankful always for family, friends, Josh, and our beautiful kids. Life is crazy and there is no one else I would rather do this with.

Hope you are staying cool! ☀️

Xx
Lauren


Comments

Popular Posts